9 Wines. 150+ Tweets. 1 TrendsBoston Alert. Our Favorites Here.
Posted by Cathy Huyghe on Thu, Jan 06, 2011 @ 02:22 PM
The Red White Tasting Crew launched last night with the help of a fantastic group of tweeters, bloggers, networkers, and all-around wine lovers. It was, as we'd hoped, everything the wine experience should be: FUN, DELICIOUS, HELPFUL, and SOCIAL.
Here are the nine wines we tasted, and a few of our favorite tweets about them. A little further on you'll find some especially interesting bits, off the wine drinking topic specifically, from our friends Paul Mabray and Peter Alig at VinTank.com, who "joined in" the #RWTastingCrew conversation from Napa.
Interested in joining us for the next #RWTastingCrew on Wednesday, February 2? Please visit the Tasting Crew page on this website for more information.
WINE 1: Gloria Ferrer, Blanc de Noirs, NV (Carneros, California) $16
WINE 2: K1 by Geoff Hardy, Chardonnay (Adelaide Hills, Australia) $32
WINE 3: Domaine de Fontsainte, Domaine Rouge, 2007 (Carignan-Grenache Noir-Syrah, Corbières, France) $16
- FAVE TWEETS ABOUT IT:
- Grenache sits in the backseat to carignan driving down down a dusty road. @kissmyglasswine
- I love u but I'm not in love with u. @jeffisbell
WINE 4: Plume Bleue, Sélectionné par Laurence Féraud, 2007 (Grenache-Syrah, Vin de Pays d’Oc, France) $15
- FAVE TWEET ABOUT IT: AMAZING pairing with black olives. @frenchoaktv @vinofuse
WINE 5: Nicolette Christopher, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2003 (Napa, California), $65
- FAVE TWEET ABOUT IT: Really impressed with this 03 Nicolette Christopher Napa Cab. Dark red fruit. Cinnamon. Elegant. 92 points. @robertdwyer
WINE 6: Château la Coustarelle, Grande Cuvée Prestige, 2005 (Malbec, Cahors, France) $16
WINE 7: Château Nozières, Ambroise de l’Her, 2006 (Malbec, Cahors, France) $10
- FAVE TWEET ABOUT IT: "It tastes just like candy...doo doo doo...it tastes just like candy." @FrenchOakTV
WINE 8: Pertaringa, Over the Top Shiraz, 2006 (McLaren Vale, Australia) $39
- FAVE TWEET ABOUT IT: Man follows his passion out of the home heating biz into making good juice. @jeffisbell
WINE 9: Syrah-Merlot-Riesling blend made at the Boston Winery
- FAVE TWEET ABOUT IT: Riesling with tannins! @maureenhasalife @lindsayduvin
NON-WINE FAVE TWEETS:
- Need to learn to tweet, taste & network simultaneously for #RWTastingCrew. @kelleylynnk
- Chatting with @wineingwoman regarding life, love, the pursuit of @bevsites and Nicolette Christopher '03 Cab. @AmyUllman
- New wine technologies like Flud and FlipBoard are perfect content dissemination engines for [food journalism or multimedia on the web]. @pmabray
- Use LinkedIn to connect with wine buyers. They are transitory, their LinkedIn page is not. @pmabray, advising new-to-MA wholesaler @PantherVin